some kinda transparent terezi
feel free to use
holy shit I forgot about this flawlessness
Meet the Reykjavík Metropolitan Police, serving the capital of Iceland. By the looks of their incredible Instagram account, a normal day includes holding kittens, eating candy and wearing false mustaches.
For the record the Icelandic police are probably the best police force in the world, There has only been one instance where an officer shot and killed a civilian in the entire history of the country (which is nearly a hundred years) and everyone was completely devastated by it, the police especially — because, as made clear in their statements after the incident, they understand their function is to protect the people. Not to mention that their general police go unarmed except for special squads.
Let’s run through some more facts while we’re on the subject: Compared to 31,000+ shooting deaths in the US in 2009, Iceland had… 4, because they have very rigorous screening processes for gun permits. There is very little economic disparity between upper, middle and lower classes, and social welfare programs take care of their people. Drug use affects less than 1% of the population between 15 and 65 years old, and 90% of drug-related court cases are settled with a fine rather than jail time. Violent crime is virtually non-existent. [x]
Iceland is like if you took the entire idea of chill and personified it as an country, and this exemplifies that.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Yesterday there was a post going around (Shown above) that shows and explains an exhibit that raises awareness to students who take their lives.
This exhibit is very important, not only bringing awareness but a memorial for those who have. Some backpacks were even donated by family of those who have lost a loved one.
Tumblr user people-punisher reblogged this post and commented
"I would steal all the cute backpacks" Proof: x
This comment, even jokingly, is extremely disrespectful and rude. It defeats the whole purpose and meaning of the exhibit, it treats the death of thousands of teens as a joke.
I, politely, sent them a message asking them to understand why it was important and to remove the post.
They, again, treated it like a joke- Responded with a gif, no remorse, and no intent to remove it.
I cannot believe that some people actually act like this.
Please, help me and try to get them to remove the post. This cannot be treated as a joke.
Yes your highness!
imagine Cecil saying “Goodnight, Night Vale, Goodnight”, and then out of nowhere you hear Steve saying “Oh, G’night, Cecil” and Cecil’s just like “how did you get in here”
holy shit this is rad
Paint glow go!
Things to do when I write the Homestuck movie:
-Jade will sometimes look at the camera and wave or smile, and when she goes god tier right before she breaks the fourth wall she’ll say “watch this” to the screen. Which will promptly have the effect that it shattered.
-The gears on Dave’s planet will always be moving in perfect sync to the whatever soundtrack is playing in the background
-INTENSE HOLLYWOOD EFFECTS WINDY THING
-INTENSE HOLLYWOOD EFFECTS CASCADE
I have this headcanon where multiple time-traveling Daves would make up code names to differentiate themselves from one another. and the code names are always the names of celebrities who are also named Dave or David